Is there a way to disable autosave in Confluence?

Jane Gabriel June 15, 2018

I prefer to elect when to save what I've entered into a page, project plan, etc.  but I can't find an option to disable the autosave function.  Is there an option available?

3 answers

1 vote
TFrance January 16, 2020

We're having issues with AutoSave in that the cursor resets to the beginning of the message body whenever we are typing, causing us to stop, cut, then paste where the text being entered should be, as we always end up typing at the beginning for a while before noticing this has happened.

Obviously the right way to fix this issue is to have the data save without it resetting the cursor to the beginning of the input box. However, for now, we hope the workaround suggested to extend the time when it saves will alleviate a big pain-point for the team, as it is a nuisance that happens several times daily and is undesirable.

Addendum: Our Infrastructure people are stating that it is not an editable setting. Is this true, and, if not, what steps are required to edit this so it doesn't auto-save so often?

Rajagopalan November 22, 2023

@TFrance I am facing this issue now. Were you able to resolve this back then?

0 votes
cmac
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2018

Updates you make to pages aren't visible to other users until you 'Publish' the changes you have made on the page. 

If you don't want to make the changes you can either the Close / Save for later (save for later) or Revert the change (delete / restore / revert)

If you have Collaborative Editing turned on (allowing multiple people to edit a page simultaneously), then you cannot disable the auto-save.  

Jane Gabriel June 15, 2018

Thank you for your quick responses.  I now understand my options.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2018

Hi Jane,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If you have Collaborative editing turned on you cannot turn off auto save. You would have to disable it and then change the time interval when drafts are saved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events