Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete page attachments in bulk?

Dawn Ross March 25, 2020

My pages have acquired many attachments over time, bloating its size.  I need a "delete-all-inactive-attachments" command that could work either at the page level or the space level. I'm seeing an "inactive" attachment as one that is not currently displayed on the page.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Dawn Ross March 30, 2020

I ended up using the Delete Unused Attachments macro and it worked reasonably well and, to my delight, reduced the size of my Confluence wiki 500%. However, exported XML pages still retained a long list of the deleted attachments as empty artifacts at the bottom of each page. This is a significant flaw that needs to be fixed in a future release of the add-in.

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

I was gonna say Rest API , but this is a bummer - Confluence REST API Lacks DELETE Method for Attachments

One solution I could think of is restoring your page to a previous version from page history where you had less attachments. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events