Is there a way to create in-page links on the same page for wiki pages?

Hi -

I'm trying to create a shortcut on a wiki page that would have in-page links to the designated space on the same page. For example, I have the alphabet set as links (A B C D E ....). If I click on 'T', it will take me to the first data element that start with the letter T.

So the benefit of having this in-page linking is so that the user does not have to scroll all the way down to look for their data element; there are hundreds of data elements on this page, thus, this in-page shortcut. Please let me know if there's a way to create this linkage.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Hi Chris, documentation on creating anchor links is available at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Anchors Hope that helps, Andrew.
Hi Chris, documentation on creating anchor links is available at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Anchors Hope that helps, Andrew.

The way I do this is:

1. Add a table of contents to the page and save it.
  2. Then I click on the heading I want to jump to in the TOC. (In your example the heading is the letter T - so this has to be at a heading level that appears in the TOC).
  3. When you do this, the URL changes to include the heading you've clicked on.
  4. I copy the URL and then (in Edit mode) select the T and run Insert Link (Ctrl+K) to open the Insert Link window.
  5. I then select the Web Link option and paste the saved URL into the Address field, then click Insert.
  6. When you save the page the letter T will be a link which you can use to jump to that heading.

Most of our pages have TOCs, so doing this is very easy and takes only few seconds to do.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

567 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you