Is there a way to create in-page links on the same page for wiki pages?

Chris L January 25, 2012

Hi -

I'm trying to create a shortcut on a wiki page that would have in-page links to the designated space on the same page. For example, I have the alphabet set as links (A B C D E ....). If I click on 'T', it will take me to the first data element that start with the letter T.

So the benefit of having this in-page linking is so that the user does not have to scroll all the way down to look for their data element; there are hundreds of data elements on this page, thus, this in-page shortcut. Please let me know if there's a way to create this linkage.

3 answers

3 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012
Hi Chris, documentation on creating anchor links is available at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Anchors Hope that helps, Andrew.
0 votes
Mick Davidson May 21, 2012

The way I do this is:

1. Add a table of contents to the page and save it.
  2. Then I click on the heading I want to jump to in the TOC. (In your example the heading is the letter T - so this has to be at a heading level that appears in the TOC).
  3. When you do this, the URL changes to include the heading you've clicked on.
  4. I copy the URL and then (in Edit mode) select the T and run Insert Link (Ctrl+K) to open the Insert Link window.
  5. I then select the Web Link option and paste the saved URL into the Address field, then click Insert.
  6. When you save the page the letter T will be a link which you can use to jump to that heading.

Most of our pages have TOCs, so doing this is very easy and takes only few seconds to do.

Cheers.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012
Hi Chris, documentation on creating anchor links is available at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Anchors Hope that helps, Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events