Is there a way to create folders in space file lists ?

gilad raz January 1, 2017

to make hierarchy inside the file list in certain space

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2017

You can make hierarchical pages and attach specific files to each page to simulate folders. But in the end, it's problematic that you can't have pages with the same name within a single space. So you can't have:

Clients

Resources

Vendors

Resources

Another possibility is to have multiple Attachment macros on a page, then restrict what each macro displays using labels and/or regex to simulate folders.

You can also use add-ons to link to a cloud repository (Google drive, Box, Dropbox, etc.), but then you lose some of the functionality of having directly-attached files.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

You can create a page tree with inside files

0 votes
mohit December 30, 2019

The file space looks like a place where I should be able to drag and drop a folder structure from my machine and import the folder structure as is. 

Not having the ability to create a folder does not make sense. I understand the concept of tagging and how tagging can create virtual hierarchy but look the OS its traditionally organized the data as folders and its has worked well. 

I really dont get it why a paid software having the file storage would not have folder structure to organize data. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2019

Confluence is a wiki, not a file store.  It has very simple file handling, and if you want a folder-like structure, you should be using the pages as containers, not another parallel file system.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2017

No, Confluence is a wiki, not a file store.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events