Is there a way to create dynamic seating charts in Confluence?

Chris Barrett May 25, 2022

Hello, I am trying to find a way to create a dynamic seating chart for the office within Confluence. I would like to be able to map out our basic floorplan with offices and desks, and then be able to attach names, pictures, roles, etc, to each desk.  Ideally I want something where when you hover over a desk, it shows a profile of the person that sits there, with their photo.  

I have searched some and found a whole lot of nothing. Draw.io app could do the basic floorplan map, but nothing else. Does anyone have an idea of how to create something like I am describing within confluence?  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Lucidchart has a floor plan creator and the demo I saw of it awhile back allowed you to add layers to it so if you clicked on a desk it could show additional information. And it has an integration to Confluence.

Thanks! I will check it out!

0 votes
Peter Melly May 25, 2022

Hi, I hope this video helps. It shows you how to add labels to shapes so that when you mouse over a shape, a text description appears. Also, you can add multiple layers to diagrams allowing to you separate teams or sections in your office and control the text visibility with a simple mouse click.

Layers can contain anything, text, shapes or images.

draw.io is fully integrated inside of Confluence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqZ9W0xKfw

Hmmm, still not quite what I need... but close. Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events