Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to create dynamic seating charts in Confluence?

Hello, I am trying to find a way to create a dynamic seating chart for the office within Confluence. I would like to be able to map out our basic floorplan with offices and desks, and then be able to attach names, pictures, roles, etc, to each desk.  Ideally I want something where when you hover over a desk, it shows a profile of the person that sits there, with their photo.  

I have searched some and found a whole lot of nothing. Draw.io app could do the basic floorplan map, but nothing else. Does anyone have an idea of how to create something like I am describing within confluence?  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader May 25, 2022

Lucidchart has a floor plan creator and the demo I saw of it awhile back allowed you to add layers to it so if you clicked on a desk it could show additional information. And it has an integration to Confluence.

Thanks! I will check it out!

Hi, I hope this video helps. It shows you how to add labels to shapes so that when you mouse over a shape, a text description appears. Also, you can add multiple layers to diagrams allowing to you separate teams or sections in your office and control the text visibility with a simple mouse click.

Layers can contain anything, text, shapes or images.

draw.io is fully integrated inside of Confluence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqZ9W0xKfw

Hmmm, still not quite what I need... but close. Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

273 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you