Is there a way to create an alias for a confluence page? Making it accessible through 2 URLs?

HW October 27, 2014

Hi there,

one of our Confluence pages is directly accessable via a certain URL. Unfortunately, I am not the webserver administrator, so renaming this confluence page will cause the URL to point to a missing site.

Is there a simple way to create some kind of an alias for that page within confluence? So I can rename it, but keep the original URL that points to the new page?

Thanks for any hints!

Cheers,

Hendrik

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

Hi Hendrik,

You could use one of the redirection plugins on the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.redirection

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.hascode.confluence.plugin.redirection-plugin

or if you want something quick (you need a free license for the customware macro, which is kinda annoying), I wrote this user macro:

## @param location:title=Location|type=string|required=true|desc=The URL to redirect to
## @param delay:title=Delay|type=string|default=0|desc=The number of seconds to delay before redirecting the browser.
#set ( $Integer = 0 )
#set ( $delay = "0" )
#set ( $delay = $paramdelay )
#set ( $delay = $Integer.parseInt($delay) * 1000 )
#if ( $req.getParameter('redirect') != "false" )
  <script>
  setTimeout(function() {
    window.location = "$paramlocation";
  }, $delay);
  </script>
#end
<ac:macro ac:name="note">
  <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Redirection notice</ac:parameter>
  <ac:rich-text-body>
    <p>This page will redirect to <a href="$paramlocation">$paramlocation</a> in about $delay seconds.</p>
  </ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:macro>

To prevent having to do that in the future, you could use a tiny link (under Tools menu, click "Link to this Page."  That link will automatically go to that page regardless of whether the name is changed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events