Is there a way to configure Azure MFA Conditional Access policy with Confluence (Cloud)

Osman Mussa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2020

Hi there,

We are looking to setup a conditional access policy that requires an additional security requirement (MFA) for confluence to a selected group of users in Azure.

The documentations that I have come across are for Confluence are ones that is hosted on an OnPrem server and setting up SSO under Enterprise Application.

When viewing the list of Conditional Access policy cloud list and search under Atlasssian, I only get two results. 1. Atlassian and 2 Atlassian (JIRA).

I have taken a look online and have gone through the documentations online but unable to find anything that can help me with this type of scenario and was hoping to see if anyone has come across doing this successfully and how this can be or cant be achieved.

Regards,

Osman 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2020

Hi Osman,

I understand you're looking to require some users to pass an MFA prompt before they can access Confluence.

With Azure AD, conditional access policies are set and managed in Azure. Not knowing where you're at with Azure setup already, I'll simply link to the Conditional Access resource in the Azure AD documentation .

The requirement on the Confluence side then rests in making sure users authenticate through Azure. Atlassian Access is our cloud security & identity product that handles the connectivity with other identity providers such as Azure AD. With Atlassian Access configured, your users will be redirected to Azure AD after they enter their email addresses to log in to Confluence Cloud. Azure AD will then process any conditional access rules you've enabled for those users.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events