Is there a way to comment on the changes I have made to a page before I publish a page?

Nivedita September 13, 2019

I want to formally maintain the list of changes made in a page before publishing. 

Is that feasible. 

I am using confluence cloud. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @Nivedita

What is the use case here? Are you looking to just store the changes made for users to reference? Or perhaps get approval for them prior to being published?

There are some apps and ways to visualise/approve changes - but it depends on your need.

Ste

Nivedita September 14, 2019

Can I have the solution for both: 

i) Just track the changes that has been made in a page through comments 

ii) Have an approval mechanism for changes made 

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019
Like Ste likes this
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

Hi @Nivedita

The first request - tracking changes through comments - hasn't got a specific method. You can certainly make comments when you publish - down near the "Publish" button is a comment box to enter change details, which get published on the Page History.

If we do need to store announcements / important edits to a page for users to view - we often use an Info Box at the top (one of the macros).

For the second however, there are applications for that - such as Comala Workflows.

Ste

Like James Conway likes this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

@Ste the "what did you change?" comments have been removed in the new editor on Cloud, so that's no longer a viable ongoing solution.

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

@James Dellow - yes you're correct - in the new editor it's not there. Apologies, I was using the classic editor. 

Then your suggestion of Page Properties or an Info Box are the options I'd go for outside the app.

Ste

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

Use it while you can! 🙁

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

BTW if you think this feature was useful, add your feedback to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65695

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

@ste thanks for recommending Comala Workflows. 

@Nivedita  if you are using Confluence Cloud then you may want to explore Comala Workflows Lite which is available on Confluence Cloud

Like James Dellow likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events