Is there a way to combine a list variable and status macro in a template?

John Corwith April 17, 2017

I'd like to be able to configure a pick list for the status macro when using it in a template. As an example, I'd like to be able to pick Grey with the title Draft, Yellow with Submitted, Blue with In Test & Green with Completed.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2017

You can, but you need to create a user macro to do it. Here is an example of the user macro setup.

Macro Name:
template_status

Macro Title:
Template Status

Macro Body Processing:
Rendered

Template:

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 10/20/2015
## @noparams

#if ($body && $body != "")
    #if($body == "Status 1")
        #set ($color = "aui-lozenge-success") ## greeen
    #elseif ($body == "Status 2")
        #set ($color = "aui-lozenge-current") ## yellow
    #elseif ($body == "Status 3")
        #set ($color = "aui-lozenge-error") ## red
    #elseif ($body == "Status 4")
        #set ($color = "aui-lozenge-complete") ## blue
    #else
        #set ($color = "") ## gray
    #end
<span class="status-macro aui-lozenge $color">$body</span>
#end

Change the values in the user macro to match the values in your template list variable. When you setup the template put the user macro on the page and put the template variable into the body of the user macro.

Status.PNG

You won't see the status macro in edit mode, but when the page is viewed you will. It will still even work with things like the page properties and page properties report macros.

John Corwith April 17, 2017

Thanks Devin, this is pretty great. I'll have to beg the powers that be to get my admin rights back so I can create a this macro. I think I'd go one better and make the 4 status settings configurable in the macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events