Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically create a Confluence page at a weekly cadence?

Peter Yoon September 7, 2021

Hello!

We create Confluence pages every week to use for our weekly syncs. Is there a way to set an automatic condition to a macro to create a Confluence page at a weekly cadence?

Another path I am exploring is:
(1) automating a Jira ticket creation using the automation feature and
(2) tying a Confluence page creation automation to via sending a web request.

Thank you.

2 answers

4 votes
Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2021

Hello @Peter Yoon 

If you don't mind using a paid add-on, there is a way easier way to create a Confluence page from a Jira ticket automatically for your step 2.

I'm the Product Manager of Elements Publish to Confluence, which is an add-on that lets you create a full template of the Confluence page you want to create, including injecting data from a Jira issue if you need to.

Basically you could automate a weekly creation of a Jira ticket with Automation, and then create a customized page automatically with our app when the issue is created.

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Julien

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Hi @Peter Yoon I will recommend you to go through this excellent article - Automating the creation of a Confluence page linked to a Jira ticket created by @Esther Strom 

Peter Yoon September 8, 2021

Hi @Kishan Sharma Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to go through Esther's steps but when I get to the validation step, I'm returned a 500 Internal Server Error response.

I left a comment in that thread too.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

I replied to your comment on the other article, @Peter Yoon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events