Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add a Watch button on a page?

Rhyne Armstrong October 8, 2013

This has been asked before, but the answer wasn't complete. I am trying to add a watch button to a page. I have this with the Theme Builder plugin, but the code is broken in 4.3.7 when you use special characters in the URL. Every time you click the link, it returns you to a "page not found" because it doesn't properly escape the special character in the URL.

I need a workaround for this, because we heavily use special characters, and need to allow users to watch pages.

I think I can use the CLI macro to add the page, but is there a way to create a toggle button so the user can use the same button to watch/unwatch. Or maybe this can be done with a report table with one line with the buttons to watch/unwatch and another line that says "You are currently watching/not watching this page."

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

You could do something like this in a user macro:

<div class="entity-watching" data-entity-id="$content.getId()" data-entity-type="page"><a class="icon icon-stop-watching" title="Stop watching this space">Stop watching this page</a><a class="icon icon-start-watching hidden" title="Start watching this page">Start watching this page</a><span class="icon icon-wait hidden"></span></div>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events