Is there a way for me to add the new License The "/fixonly/fixlicense.action" page is not responding

Mike Scott January 25, 2018

Hi, I just upgraded Confluence and upon starting i received the following error:

Confluence support and upgrades for your current license have expired.

Please access My Atlassian as the license contact and purchase a license renewal for Confluence. If you have a new license, please enter it on this page and restart.

I get that it's trying to direct me to a license renewal page, however that page is not responsive. 

/fixonly/fixlicense.action

How should I proceed? Is there a way for me to add the new License key from the console?

Mike

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Scott January 27, 2018

Confluence would not let me edit the license after the upgrade. I was stuck out of the system with no option to renew the license. It was a cold, cold place.

I did however find an article that pointed me to the right file. I used nano to edit the license key, and a simple restart was all it took. I'm back in the system yay!

Here's the article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-find-my-license-from-the-file-system-181534762.html

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Mike,

Thank you for letting me know and providing your fix!

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Frank February 28, 2020

What worked for me (update from 6.8.3 to 6.13.9):

The log states:

"If you have a new license, please enter it on this page (/<yourcontextpath>/fixonly/fixlicense.action) and restart."

If you use that URL, you get a box to drop your license key into and everything works fine.

Why confluence doesn't makes a re-direct for that is unknown to me.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hi Frank,

I agree with you; it would definitely be easier if the update were triggered automatically. I've created the below feature request for this:

• CONFSERVER-59550 Provide the ability to update the license during the upgrade error screen

Thank you again for your suggestion! 

Take care, and have a pleasant week.

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 26, 2018

Hi Mike,

Once you've renewed your license via my.atlassian.com and you have the new key, can you try and enter it in your license page?

http://CONFLUENCE-BASE-URL/admin/license.action

See Viewing and updating your product licenses details for more information.

Viewing your license details

To view your Confluence license:

1. Go to  > General Configuration.
  2. Choose License Details in the left-hand panel.

Updating your license

If you change your license (for example to a license with more users), or migrate from Confluence Cloud and you will need to update your license. 

To update your Confluence license:

1. Go to  > General Configuration > License Details
  2. Enter your new license in the License field.
  3. Choose Save.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events