Is there a way for Jira licensed users to view Confluence spaces

Luke Wilson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2021

My company has several hundred users in Jira and a 10 user licensed max in our Confluence. I have created a link to between the two and created links between spaces and projects (as suggested here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-give-space-access-to-unlicensed-users/qaq-p/1023522 ), however I have not been able to get my Jira users access to the Confluence spaces, without
a) consuming Confluence licences
b) making the Confluence spaces publicly viewable 
c) spend 27k per year on extra Confluence licences

Is there a way around this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

@Luke Wilson Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In order for someone to see Confluence pages that are not public, they need a Confluence license.  If you are using Confluence on projects, meeting notes, collaboration, documentation, etc. the return on ROI is there.

If collaboration, productivity, etc is not a priority I have seen companies use Jira Service Management.  They set up a Confluence space as a knowledge base since this is all they need and connect it to a service desk.  Jira service management allows users of the product to access Confluence pages through its knowledge base feature.  You can search for knowledge base articles through the service desk.  This is an option you could use but I do not think it would be what you are looking for nor would it provide the functionality that I am guessing you really want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events