Is there a to call AJS.MacroBrowser.setMacroJsOverride() outside a plugin?

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

I am wondering if there is a way to call AJS.MacroBrowser.setMacroJsOverride() outside of a plugin?  For example, calling AJS.MacroBrowser.setMacroJsOverride("my-macro", {opener: .....}) from the customHTML page or adding it to one of the pages in the Layouts section? 

I know I can call this within a plugin but that's not what I am looking to do. When I try calling it from the customHTML section or a layout page it says: TypeError: Cannot read property 'setMacroJsOverride' of undefined. 

Is this something that is just not possible or is there another JS call that does something similar that can be used outside a plugin?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting us about this. It looks like you're looking for help developing something for Confluence. I recommend that you also raise a thread from our Developer Community regarding this.

The reason is that this Community is meant more for end-users, whereas the members of our Developer Community have more experience with developing for Confluence. They will likely be able to help you with your question.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Ahh sorry about that, I will post it there. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events