It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a shortcut for Paste as Plain Text in Chrome and Confluence?

Chrome in Windows has Paste: Control + V  and Paste as Plain Text: Control + Shift + V.

It worked everywhere but Confluence.

Why? Is there another shortcut to it?

Thanks

4 answers

2 votes
James Dellow Community Leader Dec 15, 2016

Yes, the rich text editor in Confluence doesn't appear to support the Control + Shift + V command.

If you are just copying and pasting other web content in Chrome to Confluence, you could try installing an add-on from the Chrome Web Store to help strip the formatting?

BTW have you considered raising this issue as a feature/bug request? https://jira.atlassian.com

Thanks @James Dellow.. I'll try with Chrome extension

; )

Which extension is meant here?

This appears to be supported now.

On mac/windows: Command/Control -> Shift -> V to paste plain text without formatting.

For me on Chrome still does not work even though I can plain-paste via context menu

Like # people like this

Unfortunately Confluence overrides Cmd-Shift-V / Ctrl-Shift-V as a shortcut for 'Paste Row Before' within tables. 

I've created a bookmarklet you can use to override this behavior:

javascript:delete tinyMCE.editors[0].shortcuts["ctrl,,shift,86"]

To use it open the Bookmark Manager in Chrome and choose 'Add New Bookmark'.  In the URL section copy and paste the above. It should look like this:

fix-paste.png

Next time you're in the Confluence editor click the bookmark first (it won't be obvious anything has happened), then use Cmd+Shift+V and it should work as normal. 

In Firefox, this goes to a new page with just "true" on it.  Do you know a way to make this bookmarklet execute on the current page in Firefox?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you