Is there a setting for having links in text underlined?

Jules Ernst February 27, 2018

We're working in confluence and for me it's very very hard to recognize links in text. As there are rules and legislation for accessibility I asked our maintainer to add underlines to links. He could not find any setting for this. 

Does anyone know where the option is to make links clearer for eveybody?

2 answers

0 votes
Jaclyn Mazzarella
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2019

Hi there! 

Addteq's app for Jira and Confluence is a great option for visually impaired users! It allows your Jira & Confluence instances to be compliant and offers your users ease of use. Hope this helps anyone in need!  

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=unstoppable

Jules_Ernst October 11, 2019

Well it is good to know that in our team most of us are not visually impaired. But we still find it very hard to see the links within our texts in confluence. That's why we need underlined links in running texts. That's the only thing we need. Is Addteq's app the right tool for this purpose?

But on the other hand, thanks for your reply. We work a lot with visually impaired people. It's good to know there are addons if they are getting stuck.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

It would be helpful to know if you're using Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data-Center/On-Premise. They're quite different.

There's no out-of-the-box option for this, no.

Jules Ernst February 28, 2018

When I click on Help > About Confluence it starts with: "Atlassian Confluence Cloud ...". We are running Confluence on <ourname>.atlassian.net.

Is there an easy, least-technical way to solve this accessibility-issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events