Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to add a task box in the expand content?

Jolanta Zalpyte July 20, 2020

Once expand macro is inserted, I can not list tasks with a check box which once done could be marked. Is it something what will come int he future? I can only list tasks as bullet points or while numbering them.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hello Jolanta,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to us. You should be able to add action items (tasks) inside of an Expand macro in Confluence. 

Upon inserting the Expand macro on a page, I confirmed that I am able to click the Action item button in the toolbar in order to insert a task. Note that it's also possible to add an action item by typing [] followed by a mention of the person I want to assign the task to.

CleanShot 2020-07-23 at 15.31.33.png

Once I save the page, I am able to to check off tasks from inside of the Expand macro.

Could you let me know exactly the behavior that you're experiencing that's preventing you from adding actionable tasks within your Expand macro? Do the tasks appear, but you're not able to check them off? Does this happen on multiple browsers, and for several of your users?

Take care,

Shannon

Jolanta Zalpyte July 27, 2020

Hi Shannon, 

thank you for your reply, yes, I have an option to add action items once I add the expand macro but these added action items appear below the expand field, see screenshots please:

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 09.24.03.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-27 at 09.24.22.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2020

Hi Jolanta,

Thank you for sharing that. From your screenshots, it appears that you're trying to add tasks inside an Expand Macro which is inside a table.I was able to confirm this on my site.

Without the table, the macro works as expected:

Legacy Editor, expanded:

CleanShot 2020-07-28 at 12.55.53.png

New Editor, expanded:

CleanShot 2020-07-28 at 12.57.16.png

I believe there's a bug that might be causing this, but I want to do more research on it. I will follow-up with you when I have more information on this!

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2020

Hello Jolanta,

It appears that this is a result of this issue:

The table is causing the macros to be nested, which isn't supported at this time.

Can you confirm if you able to insert a task macro inside an Expand macro within a table on pages using the legacy editor?

Take care,

Shannon

Jolanta Zalpyte July 30, 2020

Hi Shannon, yes we are working inside the table...

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2020

Hi Jolanta, 

Thank you for confirming that. Until that request is resolved, the task macros will only nest inside the Expand macro outside of a table.

Were you able to confirm if that's working on the Legacy editor for you?

Shannon

Jolanta Zalpyte July 31, 2020

yes it is:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 18.46.40.png

but since we are working with different tasks and adding status to their progress it is more comfortable for us to add them into the table. For this reason having a possibility to use expand macro inside the table fully functioning would help us a lot. Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2020

Hi Jolanta,

Thank you for confirming that. However, your screenshot is of the new editor and isn't an example contained in a table. To clarify, I was asking if you could test this combination using the Legacy Editor template instead.

Here's an example of it working on my site, within a table:CleanShot 2020-08-04 at 12.40.47.png

Since I was able to confirm that it's possible to nest tasks inside of an Expand Macro contained in a table in the Legacy Editor, you can use this as a workaround for pages where you need to do that.

Could you let me know if you were having any trouble getting this to work on the Legacy editor template?

Take care,
Shannon

Jolanta Zalpyte August 26, 2020

Hi Shannon, 

sorry for this, how can I know if I am using the Legacy Editor or not?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2020

Hi @Jolanta Zalpyte,

You can compare the images from the page here: Learn about Confluence Cloud editing improvements:

Which editor does your page use

When you edit a page, you can look over the toolbar for visual indicators, like the differences between the text color pickers or the inclusion of an emoji icon in the new editor toolbar. You'll also notice that the Publish and Close buttons were moved to the top right in the new editor.

New editor

Legacy editor

If you want to specifically use the Legacy editor, then you will want to use the template called Legacy Editor Template:

If you don't have this template, you can have your site administrator raise a ticket with Cloud Support and we can get the template enabled for you.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

Like Heba likes this
Jolanta Zalpyte September 11, 2020

Thank you I will check it!

Merlin Ahrens December 22, 2021

@Shannon S Is it possible to do this in the new editor by now?

Like Jolie likes this
Kate Erickson March 10, 2022

I was just trying to do this and it looks like it's still not possible to add action items inside an expand that is in a table in the New Editor. Is there any ETA on when this will be possible?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Esteban Ibarguen Ibargüen October 10, 2023

2023 and this issue is still present in the new editor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events