Is there a plugin that would allow users to follow (i.e., watch) a document posted to Confluence?

kmrountree October 23, 2020

Is there a plugin or add-in that would allow users to follow (i.e., watch) a document posted to Confluence? I know you can watch a page, but what about a specific document posted on a page? 

Thanks for your help,

Kristen

2 answers

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2020

No, I don't believe that is possible out of the box, and there are no add ons which allow you to do this either.

0 votes
Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2020

@kmrountree 

You can check the plugins from the Marketplace - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=attachments (add some more specific filter if you use Server/Cloud, etc.). Usually adding the file is the event of the attachment in the Confluence, so some add-on that track activity may provide such an option.

Sorry, cannot give more specific details as did not try most of these add-ons.

In COnfluence Server you receive the email notification if the file is added to page or removed from it if you Watch the space/page.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events