Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a method to export all the pages as individual word documents?

Varun Arulmani June 7, 2016

Hi All, We are planning to export all the knowledge documents from our Confluence as individual word documents as part of a project. Is there any method to import all the pages in a single go? I tried using content exporter plugin. But it either exports all the webpages into a single word document or i have to do it page wise. It will be a tedious process for me to do that as i have over 1500 pages to export. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

If you use the WebDAV plugin with Confluence you can map your Confluence instance as a drive. Each page will be represented as a folder in the drive with a .txt file in the folder with the same name as the folder. The .txt is your page contents. With the pag folder is another folder called @exports. Within that folder there is a .doc and .pdf version of the page. So, with a fairly simple batch file/script you could recurse through your space and get the .doc files. The below screenshots are what it looks like. It's another option for you.

image2016-6-7 15:43:16.png

image2016-6-7 15:45:9.png

Varun Arulmani June 9, 2016

Awesome. Thanks Davin. I will try this. 

Like Jacqueline Meister likes this
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

No, not natively. 

A talented scripter or an Atlassian Expert could help you here, there is an API method for PDF Exports. Combining a script to parse all pages in a space, individual PDF's could be generated per page and downloaded. I don't know if you can get to Word Documents in the same fashion though.

The Scroll Export add-on includes bulk-export functionality as well.

Varun Arulmani June 9, 2016

Thanks Steven.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events