Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a macro/tool that generates list of anchors with respective links

HoumanB January 2, 2022

Hi,

I am using Confluence Wiki to take notes as I study.

Whenever I record a definition i create an anchor by `/anchor` and then naming it as definition_major_triad followed by a line that describes the definition a major triad.  This is helpful because later on I can link to this anchor from somewhere else.

I have 3 related questions:

1. I would like to create an index-page that lists all the definition-anchors with respective link to the anchor.  Is there a tool that can do that (even if it list all the anchors that would be fine too)?
  2. If there are no tools - is this something that can be achieved using macros?
  3. Is there a better way to do this, for example instead of anchor should I be using some other thing?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

@HoumanB

I would like to create an index-page that lists all the definition-anchors with respective link to the anchor. Is there a tool that can do that (even if it list all the anchors that would be fine too)?

As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this. There's nothing available like this out of the box, and I'm not seeing any add-ons which would provide this functionality. You can create them manually, but this would obviously be quite a lot of work.

If there are no tools - is this something that can be achieved using macros?

I can't think of a way that you would achieve this using a macro.

Is there a better way to do this, for example instead of anchor should I be using some other thing?

I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish this is. You could store everything in on large page and use the table of contents along with headers, but that could get clumsy very quickly. I'm not sure that there is a great way to do what you're looking for, sorry!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events