Is there a limit to the number of Spaces that can be created?

Andrew Kaeding July 8, 2013

We're running into an error page when trying to create new Spaces in our On-Demand Confluence instance.

Is there a numerical limit to the number of spaces we can create?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2013

Hello there,

This is probably happening because of a recent bug with Confluence OnDemand, this is the bug report: CONF-29865

I'll quote the avaliable workaround below:

Workaround

Turn off the default space logo in Confluence Admin -> Default Space Logo (the URL should be https://example.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/configuredefaultspacelogo.action). This will allow spaces to be created.

Please add yourself as a watcher to that bug report in order to receieve updates when a permanent fixed is deployed.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Thanks Marlon,

That workaround did the trick!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2013

Technically, yes, but it's so large, the answer is effectively "no, you won't get there" (I've used Confluences with more 10,000 spaces)

What is the error message?

Yeah, we're nowhere near that.

The message is essentially a 'page not found'. It seems like a permission's error, but I am an Admin...and I know that I have 'Create Spaces' permissions:

Page Not Found

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events