Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit for versions in the page history?

Janett Herdt March 24, 2021

I've read through the documentation for page history and considering that "All page history is retained" I wanted to check whether it also means that there is an "infinite" amount of page versions stored as well.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Hi Janett,

The limit isn't infinite, but is sufficiently large that there is little likelihood that any Confluence user will ever reach it. This is because other problems will generally occur prior reaching said limit; basically the app gets too big to be able to function properly, e.g. the Versions page will not load because the application/host does not have enough resources or the host runs out of disk space because the index is huge.

You will be better served by investigating/implementing documentation management and application maintenance practices over hypothetical limits of the application. Cheers!

Thanks for the insight, it's good to know that issues will arise prior. So we'll make sure to implement some practices to avoid that.

The hypothetical question was posed by a user, so I wanted to investigate the answer.

Like Elisabeth Auburger likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Janett Herdt 

welcome to this wonderful community

Currently and as far as I know there is no limit for versions - BUT and I made my experiences - try to keep it limited. Sooner or later (and soon it will be) there are versions with only small changes like words or spellings corrected. We are trying to keep the users who own the site to garden through it to keep the latest and significant versions of the site and call this Gardening. If you are looking for a version and have to go through 134 different versions.... this is crazy....

Hope this could help you!

Thank you for the warm welcome. "Gardening" sounds wonderful :)
I'll make sure to implement that practice on our space then. Thanks!

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

You're welcome! It's a good idea to start right from the beginning we had a lot of garden work to do when everything was already full 😊

Like Janett Herdt likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events