Is there a keyboard shortcut that allows me to navigate to the parent of the page I'm looking at?

Scott Stevson July 1, 2012

I see there are "G + S" to browse the currect space and "G + D" to go to the Dashboard but neither really fits my use case.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012
As Confluence includes the jQuery library, I think it should be possible to write some code to put into Custom HTML which checks for a particular key press and performs some action. The following link is a discussion of implementing shortcut keys with jQuery, but bear in mind the shortcut key plugin mentioned for jQuery is not loaded via Confluence (as far as I know) so look down the proposed answers to the simple example with 2 votes. That relies on just jQuery code. To get the link to the parent, you could use jQuery to analyse the breadcrumbs links and pick the right one, or alternatively, package this as a user macro and then Velocity would give you the parent of the current page easily. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/593602/keyboard-shortcuts-with-jquery
Matthew Erickson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2012

To add tot this, if you want to add your own keyboard shortcuts you can create them as Keyboard Shortcut Modules in a plugin. This will make them appear in the help dialog.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

Unfortunately, there is not a shorcut for that.

You can see all available shorcuts by pressing '?'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events