Is there a fonction to apply read/edit restrictions to a batch of pages/sub-pages?

Hi,

I use Confluence Server 6.2.

I am creating a structure of pages and sub-pages that might be moved individually or in grapes in other spaces. Every page in a grape should have the same read/edit restrictions. For instance, if I apply restrictions only to a structure's head page, lower pages inherit these restrictions. But if I move a sub-page into another space, these restrictions are lost.

Once I have created my pages, how could I apply them the same restrictions all at once instead of applying them one page at a time?

Thank to you all!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Peter DeWitt Community Champion Oct 25, 2017

@Marc Dionne, in vanilla Confluence there is no good way to accomplish this other than touching each page as you move them.  However, there is an addon that should allow you to automate some of this.  Check out Confluence CLI (Bob Swift).  Specifically the addPermissions action.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOAP/overview

.pd

Thanks a lot!

Take care!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,146 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you