Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a fonction to apply read/edit restrictions to a batch of pages/sub-pages?

Marc Dionne October 25, 2017

Hi,

I use Confluence Server 6.2.

I am creating a structure of pages and sub-pages that might be moved individually or in grapes in other spaces. Every page in a grape should have the same read/edit restrictions. For instance, if I apply restrictions only to a structure's head page, lower pages inherit these restrictions. But if I move a sub-page into another space, these restrictions are lost.

Once I have created my pages, how could I apply them the same restrictions all at once instead of applying them one page at a time?

Thank to you all!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

@Marc Dionne, in vanilla Confluence there is no good way to accomplish this other than touching each page as you move them.  However, there is an addon that should allow you to automate some of this.  Check out Confluence CLI (Bob Swift).  Specifically the addPermissions action.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOAP/overview

.pd

Marc Dionne October 25, 2017

Thanks a lot!

Take care!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events