Is there a bulk page unwatch process for Confluence Cloud?

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

I found the page regarding Bulk Unwatching of Confluence Pages, but all the answers pertained to the Server version and were about deleting the data in the back end databases. So I wanted to start this new question regarding Cloud specifically. 

Since Autowatch is a setting default, (that's crazy to start with) I have new users who end up Watching dozens of pages before they realize what is happening. 

Is there a way to bulk unwatch pages in Confluence Cloud? Or can it only be done page by page in the Watching list in Settings?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for raising this with us. It's not possible to bulk unwatch in Cloud, but we have two feature requests for this:

Please vote on the requests that interest you. You'll be automatically added to the list of watchers and receive updates going forward.

You may be able to use one of the add-ons on Marketplace to help you with this in the meantime, such as Bulk Action Tools by Streamline Soft. Have a look there, as there may be others that can help you with the same.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

I was afraid of that. I'll vote for the feature requests. Thank you for your assistance. 

Meanwhile I have warned my users to unclick the Autowatch feature. 

Thanks
Kathy

dan.hale April 27, 2021

Those feature requests have been open for 13 YEARS.

Any updates on ETA? (without suggesting plugins or scriptrunner)

Thanks

Like Keith Sottung likes this
0 votes
Keith Sottung February 27, 2023

I have senior executives who are negatively responding to Confluence because they are getting too many email. There needs to be an bulk remove watch immediately.  Keep in mind it is the executives who approved the use of Confluence. I'm begging this feature be added. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events