Is there a Wikipedia stlye Reference template?

NCarmichael April 3, 2023

When I write an article in confluence I like to reference the website I used for reference.

Currently, I do this manually but was wondering if there was a way to do it "wikipedia style" where you add the reference in-line (with what you are talking about in the article).

This still means the link appears at the bottom but it adds a little reference number so you know too which reference it refers to (and a click jump you to the reference

The following link on Wikipedia explains what I mean a little better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@NCarmichael this would be a great macro - a digest of all links on a page at the bottom of the page (Wiki-style as you said). Alas, this is not a native feature supported in Confluence. I don't know if any add-on Marketplace Apps have this capability, but my quick look at the Marketplace has not turned any up (yet). I recommend you look there to see if there is an app on offer that can extend this capability into Confluence.

Good luck!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

@NCarmichael if my post helped you, please consider marking it as accepted. @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-'s  too!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's nothing built into Confluence that does this, but you can get apps that do it.  The function you are looking at is something I think of as "citations", which is a bit more specific than what you'll want to look for in the marketplace - "footnotes".

If memory serves, Adaptavist's footnotes was the second app I installed in Confluence (version 1 FWIW, and of course, Server, but there is a Cloud version too), well before I started working there, and it's still in use with that customer.  That one has now been bundled into the Content Formatting Macros ,  or if you don't want any of the other stuff in there, give the not-bundled Orah footnotes app a go.  There are a couple of other apps in the marketplace, Adaptavist is not your only choice.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events