Is there a Way to create your own Space Templates

Deleted user January 29, 2020

I am looking for a way to have a custom set of Pages (based on Page Templates) with a defined Structure in a new Space, but i didn't find a way to create my own Space Templates. Is there a way?

Thanks

Best wishes
Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hey @[deleted] , great to have you share with the community.

I believe that we are talking about Space Blueprints, is that right? Space blueprints allow us to have exactly what you need, a predefined set of pages that contains some data.

If your intention is indeed to create your own Space Blueprint, we can start by taking a look here:

For you to get started with this kind of development, you will need to set up a few things:

If you want to check more information on Blueprints, take a look here:

I hope this serves as guidance for you, Michael! Looking forward to your reply.

Deleted user January 30, 2020

Hallo @Diego ,

Thanks a lot for your help. I will check the Tutorials and try this tomorrow.

Best Wishes

Michael

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Wonderful! Let us know how it goes.

Deleted user January 31, 2020

At the moment i seam to have hit a Wall. When i execute 'npm install' after cloning the repository i get the following Error Message: 

Anmerkung 2020-01-31 145937.jpg

When i try to 'npm start' it tells me it can't find the module 'atlassian-connect-express'.

Can somebody help me. Javascript and npm are very new for me.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Michael

Deleted user February 3, 2020

It seams the Dependencies in the Tutorial Repo are outdated. I looked into the Repo of the Hello World Example and adjusted the ones in my local package.json

Anmerkung 2020-02-03 093629.jpg

Deleted user February 10, 2020

So, i have played around with the Example a little. After a bit of searching and trying around i got it to deploy on our Test Confluence.

If i understood it correctly i can create a Blueprint which can also create an overview (index) Page along with it. Even tough i did not figure out how to create the Overview Page, but i could edit it in Confluence.

@Diego Am I correct in assuming there is no way to really have a custom Space Blueprint? Only a Page Blueprint where i can create one Page with an Index Page along with it? So if i have a type of space that needs a set of default pages in a certain structure to start off, I have to do it manually every time, one of those Spaces is created?

Thanks

Best Wishes
Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events