Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a Confluence add-on for word counts?

I often need to get word and character counts for the content I'm writing in Confluence. Is there an add-on that does this?

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Moriah Scoble,

Unfortunately, there is no such add-on for word count, neither is it natively available in Confluence. Here is a ticket for word count feature request, in case you wish to vote for it.

As a workaround, you may want to use a browser extension/add-on to count the no. of words as required. For example, Word Counter Plus for Chrome.

Hope this helps for now!

Thanks

Sireesha

Thanks for the quick response. I see that your link took me to the ticket for Confluence Server. What's the easiest way to tell the Confluence Cloud team know I want this feature?

Bill Bailey Community Leader Nov 15, 2018

I just use the browser extension (also in Firefox). That way, I can highlight a section of text and get an answer. Otherwise you may be waiting years and years before Atlassian rolls it out (especially if there is a browser solution today).

@Bill Bailey lol on the years, I'm writing three years after this thread started. I decided to build a solution. I just added it to the marketplace, would appreciate your feedback, it's the first inline word count and character count for Confluence cloud - Easy Word Count for Confluence Cloud.

I built the Word Count+ app :)

It provides a hilariously absurd amount of details:

• Word count (of course).
  • Character count with spaces.
  • Character count without spaces.
  • Sentence count.
  • Paragraph count.
  • Syllable count.
  • Monosyllable count.
  • Polysyllable (3+) count.
  • Average syllables per word.
  • Average characters per word.
  • Average words per sentence.
  • Unique word count + percentage.
  • Short & long word count + percentage.
  • Top 30 keywords with totals.

Hi @Moriah Scoble,

One of my colleagues built this app during the recent app week for confluence cloud, It is still barebones, but if you're interested we can help you build one on your own.

Thanks,

Lava

@Moriah Scoble I'm a writer as well and I had to leave Confluence and go to Google docs to do a word count and character could.

So I built a solution, it works pretty well and super fast so we put in on the Atlassian Marketplace, take a look Word Count for Confluence Cloud.

It's the first cloud inline word count for Confluence and character count for Confluence.

I know lots of admins are working on moves from sever to cloud and need to make sure offer functionality have in server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

208 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you