It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is the install of an OD Confluence instance also required if only a few spaces are to be transferred?

Harald Mueller May 29, 2014

To integrate the Confluence content from an newly merged company that has it's content in OD Confluence: Is it really neccessary to install the OD version locally on the day of migration allthough only a few spaces and not the whole site is to be transferred?

In an Enterprise it's not possible to allways upgrade to the latest version of a tool.

Concrete were have recently made the upgrade to 5.4 and now plan to integrate some spaces from the current OD in June.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Miranda Rawson Atlassian Team May 29, 2014

Hi Harald,

Unfortunately space imports are not backwards compatible. One option would be to set up a separate, evaluation instance of Confluence 5.4 and import a full site XML from the OD instance. Next, export each space individually from the test instance and import that into the destination 5.4 version.

Harald Mueller Jun 01, 2014

Hi!

Am I understanding that correctly:

A site backup is backward compatible, a space backup not?

Please confirm that, so I can use the workaround, allthough it seems a bit weird to me ;-)

Best Regards

Harald

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

919 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you