Is the Confluence cloud mobile experience completely broken?

scott.esbrandt May 3, 2023

Using confluence cloud, it appears that there is no way to effectively use it from a mobile device (Android, at least). The App would be OK if it rendered any macros.  The mobile web would be OK if it had any navigation. 

What am I missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Wes Farnsworth May 4, 2023

Plain text pages work find on the Confluence mobile app. But most macros and add-ons often don't display without "clicking to load" them and then clicking them again to view it.

For example, page trees won't load in the mobile app. However, you can use the "children display" macro and it will do the same thing and as a bonus, it works on the mobile app. 

I questioned Atlassian about this at the Team 23 event and was told they are working on trying to make it so everything loads, but it's a big project so it will take some time.

scott.esbrandt May 4, 2023

Thank you.  That's only one macro, but confluence is not usable without macros and other add-ons so It feels like atlassian hates mobile users.  I would love to see just a working version of the mobile web site with a navigation bar.  The app has it, wouldn't it be trivial to bring that to mobile web and give us something complete? I don't care if it's an app or not.  Thanks for the reply!

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Hi Scott, I use the Confluence Cloud app and don't have any specific issues with it, I can navigate to multiple spaces and see my content.  If there are specific issues, I would suggest looking in the Atlassian Jira site https://jira.atlassian.com/ for specific issues that may already be submitted or work through support to see if there are issues they may help you with.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events