Is the Confluence 2GB limit per workspace or across all workspaces?

Nick Young March 30, 2020

Hi there - newbie here - I was looking at the relatively new Confluence Cloud free tier on the pricing page and I have three questions below.

I am trying to understand the limitations of the free plan but so far it seems that if you have less than 10 users and only need to be able to create pages and workspaces there are no restrictions to how many of these you can create...

...subject to the 2GB file storage restriction? Is this a correct understanding? (Question 1)

Which leads to my next two questions - regarding the 2GB limit:

1. Firstly, a similar question to this one I found regarding BitBucket - is the 2GB limit per workspace or across all workspaces? - i.e. the entire "site" (not sure if I got my terminology correct?)
  2. Secondly, does embedding content on a page via the Widget Connector or Iframe macros count towards the 2GB limit?

Thanks for the assistance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2020

Hello @Nick Young , welcome aboard our platform!
Those are pretty good questions you got there. So, let me start by addressing the first one:

1. Firstly, a similar question to this one I found regarding BitBucket - is the 2GB limit per workspace or across all workspaces? - i.e. the entire "site" (not sure if I got my terminology correct?)

First, let me say that your terminology is correct. We are talking about your Confluence site. Second, I can tell you that the 2GB limitation is Site-Wide. This means that everything that is uploaded there will count towards this limit.

Now your second question:

1. Secondly, does embedding content on a page via the Widget Connector or Iframe macros count towards the 2GB limit?

Uploads consist mainly of attachments. Your pages, widgets, macros, and links included from outside confluence will not count towards this limit. So you can include as many widgets and iFrames as possible and they will not count as storage.

If you want to have a more in-depth analysis of the storage in our Cloud platform, take a look here:

I hope this helps you get used to our platform a little quicker, Nick! If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know!

0 votes
Nick Young April 4, 2020

Thanks for clearing that up Diego. Appreciate your explanation. Makes much more sense to me now!

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2020

Glad to know that my explanation helped you, @Nick Young Come here again if you need anything else or if you feel like contributing to the community!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events