Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Atlassian Companion app needed for Cloud, and if so, will the version used for server work?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

Assume an organizatin is migrating from Server to the Cloud.  Currently they are using the companion app to edit documents and upload them back automatically in Server.

Is this still necessary, and if so, can they continue using the app as it is, or will they need to update the app in some way?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi Rob,

There is no alternative to the Companion App in Confluence Cloud, but it is an optional feature. Users can replace files by dragging and dropping into the page editor, the attachments page or attachments macro. 

The app itself is compatible with both Server/DC and Cloud, no need to upgrade other than to ensure you are on the latest version.

Regards,
Alex K (Developer at Atlassian)

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Thanks @Alex K 

It was somewhat confusing because there is no Cloud documentation on the tool. All of the documentation is limited to Server and Data Center.  When the Cloud button is clicked I am taken to the generic Confluence Cloud Resources page, as I would whenever looking at a page that is Server/DC specific.  This led me to believe the Atlassian Companion App did not apply to the Cloud environment, though I had seen references to the app in Cloud.

It would be helpful if the documentation was corrected so that users could find this info on the Cloud side as well as Server/DC.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events