Is text within image searchable?

Eric Brahmann January 21, 2018

Hi all,

i inserted screenshots of an Document within a page and I am asking myself, if the text within this image is searchable (as in Microsoft OneNote for Example)

Best regards,

Eric

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Hi Eric,

There was a feature request for this: CONFSERVER-34294, but unfortunately it was closed. You might consider leaving a comment/voting for this issue, because if there is enough interest, Atlassian might consider implementing it and/or a plugin author might implement something.

Eric Brahmann January 22, 2018

thx, i can not vote (it is disabled) but left a comment!

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

What is the source of the image? And what format are you saving the image when you attach it to a Confluence page?

If you create "images" as PDFs, then that text would be searchable.

Eric Brahmann January 22, 2018

Usally i am using the Shortcut Win+shift+s (One Note Shortcut for screenshots) and I send it directly to  my clipboard. Then I paste it in Confluence using strg+v -> so it is a png.file.

When using Greenshot, it is a png file as well.

Creating a pdf is a nice idea, I did not think about that .... it will take some extra cklicks (about 30s - 1 min more per Screenshot) so if you have time ..... it would work ....or is there a fast way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events