Is text referencing possible ?

Django den Boer May 16, 2013

Hi,

I'm curently involved with design decumentation that requires additional docuemntation for the localisation. It's devided as follows:

• Design documentation: contains feature descriptions and visuals
  • Language documents: contains all of the text so that they can be used for language files.

All of the text in the design documentation link the language documentation to keep.

The problem is the following: When the language document changes, the design document also needs to be changed.

What I would like is some form of referencing that allows me include text in my design documentation that is linked to my language documentation that dynamicly updates based on the changes in the language documentation.

The big question is, is there a tool/macro that allows me to add some sort of dynamic reference?

I look forward to your suggestions.

Kind regards,

Django

2 answers

2 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2013

Greetings!

If you haven't already, I recommend taking a look at the Excerpt and Include macros:

You can use the Include Page macro to display the contents of one Confluence page or blog post in another page or blog post. The Excerpt Include macro is used to display 'excerpted' (that is, a segment of) content from one page in another.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Excerpt+Include+Macro

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

Django den Boer May 26, 2013

Hi, I just tried out your sollution but unfortunately the Excerpt Include Macro seems to be very limited. While Excerpt Include allows me to display a single chunk (everything within the Excerpt macro tags) of content from one page to another page, it doesn't seem to be able to display multiple chunks of content.

Is there a function that allows me to do this? Maybe a smiliar function that allows me to give the Excerpt macro an id ?

Benjamin Feagin Jr. June 6, 2019

I would like the same.

1 vote
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

And on top of Jason's tip, you can use these across spaces. It also means that when you update the original page, the other pages use the same content, so they're also up to date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events