Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is our cloud data encrypted encrypted?

Luke Salins March 8, 2017

Hi,

We current use Atlassian Cloud for hosting Confluence/JIRA/Bitbucket and were wondering if our data is encrypted. I read through your security policy and it mentions it being encrypted after backup, but makes no mention of the file system that it's actually hosted on. 

Thanks,

Luke Salins

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Luke Salins

I have an update for you – we recently announced that Atlassian now encrypts customer data in transit and at rest.

Data drives on servers holding customer data and attachments in Jira Software Cloud, Jira Service Desk Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Statuspage, OpsGenie, and Trello use full disk, industry-standard AES-256 encryption at rest. To learn more, please see our Security Practices page.

We post updates related to security, privacy, compliance, and more in our Trust & Security group. Feel free to post related questions and feedback there! 

Best,

Lauren

1 vote
Ryan Kennedy May 18, 2017

Luke - my understanding is that encryption at rest is not standard for JIRA or Confluence.  Since we often need to store senstive data in JIRA, we decided to build our own solution to help.

We are an Atlassian Solution Partner and we've just released something that might help.  It's called Team Secrets and it protects sensitive file attachments in JIRA with end-to-end encryption for attachment uploads and 2 factor verification for downloads.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/io.teamsecrets.jira.prod/cloud/overview

Please try it and let us know if this helps!

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

No, not to my knowledge - this isn't a standard feature in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events