It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is my site auto backup a full backup for each day at 2am or is it incremental?

The daily backup zip file in the confluence-home-dir\backup folder is a full site and database backup or is it an incremental backup.

Because i am running out of disk space, I found about 1G of zip file for each day for the last 7 months, if it is a full backup then i can remove all back up zip files except for the very last day in order to save disk space.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petr_Vaníček Community Leader Nov 18, 2019

Hi,

yes, those are full backups. I recommend you to make some kind of script with backup deletation scenario like this.
* last week - everything

* before week and last 30 days - one backup per 3 days

* older than 1 month and less than 1 year - 3 backups per month (start, middle and end of month)

Hope it help :-)

Great fast response.

So you recommend a manual back up scheme.

For example :

- If I decide to only back up manual once a week.

- So I can keep this week back up (Nov 19).

- I can keep 1 copy of last month (Oct 19) backup and delete all the back up for that months 

- I can delete any back up older than Sept 19 

Is this sounds ok ?

Thanx

No.

I think Petr is suggesting to you make a script that deletes old backup files.

Let the backup continue to run as a service in JIRA. 

You can work out new schedules but I do not think a manual backup is what is being recommended.

But yes - backups at Database levels can be created and run manually or via scripts.

Petr_Vaníček Community Leader Nov 19, 2019

Hi @Vinh ,

I meant this as @Vickey_Palzor_Lepcha wrote - so just make a script to delete unnecessary backups.

will do thanx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you