The daily backup zip file in the confluence-home-dir\backup folder is a full site and database backup or is it an incremental backup.
Because i am running out of disk space, I found about 1G of zip file for each day for the last 7 months, if it is a full backup then i can remove all back up zip files except for the very last day in order to save disk space.
yes, those are full backups. I recommend you to make some kind of script with backup deletation scenario like this.
* last week - everything
* before week and last 30 days - one backup per 3 days
* older than 1 month and less than 1 year - 3 backups per month (start, middle and end of month)
Hope it help :-)
Great fast response.
So you recommend a manual back up scheme.
For example :
- If I decide to only back up manual once a week.
- So I can keep this week back up (Nov 19).
- I can keep 1 copy of last month (Oct 19) backup and delete all the back up for that months
- I can delete any back up older than Sept 19
Is this sounds ok ?
I think Petr is suggesting to you make a script that deletes old backup files.
Let the backup continue to run as a service in JIRA.
You can work out new schedules but I do not think a manual backup is what is being recommended.
But yes - backups at Database levels can be created and run manually or via scripts.
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events