Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it technically possible to place a retention date in Jira and Confluence?

Reg Lawton May 31, 2019

Following a review by my information security team they have asked me what the retention period on 'Jira' and 'Confluence' is (we are a cloud customer) and I cannot find a statement on this on the Atlassian site. 

I am told that any kind of ‘permanent’ retention is going to be a red flag for the auditors and have been asked to see if we can set as retention data on all data stored in Jira and Confluence for say, 10 years.

2 answers

1 vote
Darin April 13, 2024

@Reg Lawton check out Content Retention Manager for Confluence in the Atlassian Marketplace, we built it for exactly this concern. While it's great for content to live forever, often that poses significant legal and compliance risks. We're working on a Jira solution as well.

The app makes it incredibly easy to set global retention policies and even automate the enforcement (Per ISO/SOC2). 

automation.png

The app also supports custom retention periods (shorter/longer/indefinite) for any page that you want to have a specific policy for.extension.png

0 votes
Dominic Bloomfield October 15, 2020

@Reg Lawton  just wondering if you every had a response? I have same question. Cheers. Dom 

Darin April 13, 2024

@Dominic Bloomfield just helped with a response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events