Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use a variable in the Jira Issue/Filter macro?

FiveD August 10, 2016

I'm wondering if there is some workaround or another macro I can use instead of this one.

I want to use a variable ($variablename) in the template so the user needs to fill it out when he creates the page from the template.

Then I want to use this variable in the query in the "JIRA Issue/Filter" macro. But when I try it then the save button is grayed out because it has not resolved the query yet. It's not possible to resolve the query at this stage (when creating the template) because the variable has not been set yet.

The result is that I can't use this template globally because the query differ between confluence spaces.

Another related question. Is it not possible to predefine a variable with a value in the space.
The idea is to have a variable called $jiraProject and for each confluence space it points to different JIRA project key.
And then I can use that key in the query I mention above.

Regards,
Kristjan 

2 answers

0 votes
Shashi Kant Sharma September 18, 2016

Hi Steve / Kristjan,

Did you get any solution to above problem. I too am facing similar problem. I want to fetch some data in multiple tables from JIRA using multiple "JIRA Issue/Filter" in my confluence template. And these resultant tables fetch different kinds of data for the same/ particular JIRA issue Id.  And when this template is used by users to create their documents, every user would need to display data for different JIRA issue id (which belongs to them). 

So either users punch in the JIRA issue id inside the JQL everytime, or we can use a variable where user provides their respective JIRA issue id only one time. And the rest all tables would pull data for that issue id at run time.

Nishith Shah September 8, 2018

Hi Shashi - 

Did you get any solution to above problem?

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

The only way to accomplish this is with Confluence Blueprints which are created with the Atlassian SDK – They are fairly simple but involve Spring and Maven add-on development, as well as some HTML/javascript.

The built-in template variables will not work I do not believe.

FiveD August 12, 2016

Thanks Steve.

I might need to start looking at Blueprints smile

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

I'm becoming familiar myself so let me know if you have questions.

Nishith Shah September 8, 2018

Did you get any solution to above problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events