Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to still watch a space but not receive emails?

Christina Trocco December 21, 2018

My company recently subscribed to Confluence Cloud. I am interested in receiving notifications only within Confluence for spaces that I'm watching, but I do NOT want to receive emails. I've unchecked all the boxes in my email settings, but the way Confluence is set up - you still get an email every time you watch something. This is a problem with the software. There should be a clear division between email settings and watches. If you choose to watch a space, you should get notifications in the software and be able to turn on and off emails for watching. Is this possible?

I love everything else about Confluence as a new user, I would really just like to be able to turn off emails but still be "watching" certain spaces within my Confluence dashboard notifications.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2018

Watching means getting emails. So if you don't want emails, you have to unwatch. Without emails, watching servers no function.

The other alternative is to set up a rule in your email client to filter/file the Confluence notification emails to a folder. Then you can either easily delete or review later.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2018

Hello @Christina Trocco,

If you watch a space, then you get a email each time when something changes. Actually if you want to receive emails for changes, you push the watch button and become a watcher. If you do not want to receive emails, just unwatch the space.

Christina Trocco December 22, 2018

I understand the concept of getting emails when I'm watching a space. I've noticed that it also shows up under watching in my notifications within Confluence. I want to just have that and not emails. That was my question. I guess it is not possible at the moment to configure that. But I wish Atlassian could add a feature for it.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events