Is it possible to set the default category for a spaces list macro?

Richard Beckett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2017

I'm trying to create list of specific spaces on the 'homepage' of my intranet and at the moment I'm using the Spaces List Macro which almost does the job.  

The site has several category labels and I'm using a specific one to identify which spaces I want in my list. I'm using the macro in category mode and from the dropdown list the category I want to be the default is the third one.  However the macro seems to default to the first item in the list and then remember on a user by user basis which option was selected last.  Is there any way to override this or manipulate the list to get my desired functionality?

The category list doesn't seem have a reason for the order that categories are displayed?  There is no logic I can see as to why the order is what it is, it certainly isn't alphabetic, nor does it appear to be the order the tags were created or the categories applied.  If I could manipulate the order of the list, I wouldn't need to set a default as I could make the required one first.

1 answer

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi, Richard,

Thank you for the detailed description, I could replicate the behaviour of the Spaces List macro on our test instance.

We have the following open feature request for this at:

- CONFCLOUD-25148 - Enforce a category in the spaces list macro 

We suggest you add yourself as a watcher there to receive the latest updates and changes in status from the developers, adding any information you'd like to share in the comments. You can also find more information on our bug fixing policy here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events