Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to see child pages in Jira customer portal without confluence licences?

Rixta Padeken January 21, 2021

I would like to create child pages in confluence, which should be visible for customers in Jira Service Management. At the moment the customer can only see articles from parent pages so my question is why? Does the customer need a confluence licence or is there any permission missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Rixta Padeken ,

I've tested this and I can see child pages on Confluence when I'm logged in as a Service Management customer (I've checked and I'm not using a Confluence license), with both the Child macro in a page, or with the Page Tree on the left panel as you can see : 

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 10.35.39.png

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Hey Alexis,

thanks for your fast respond.

I didn't mean if it is visible in Confluence itself. Our customers are using the Jira Service Management portal to create tickets. There (in Jira) is a possibilty to search for articles written in Confluence. Also if they type in a title for their ticket, they get suggestions of articles in Confluence (so if there is a solution, they don't need to create the ticket anymore). Then they can read the article in the customer portal. At the moment they can only see suggestions from articles created in parent pages, but I would like them to see articles in child pages as well.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Rixta Padeken , 

I've just tried it, and created an article as a children of another page in my Knowledge Base. I can find it without any issues on the Portal when I'm typing the related words.

Is there any specific permissions maybe on your child pages ? 

Okay the problem seemed to be that I limited the permissions of the parents page. Now it works. Thanks for testing :)

Like Alexis Robert likes this
0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Rixta Padeken ,

Recently someone shared the below article.

Please check this below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/ge/public-links-979425312.html 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events