Is it possible to return to the legacy editor on a new page?

Amber Hardiman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2023

Resizing pictures on the new editor is incredibly frustrating and basically a guessing game. Is there a way to return to the legacy editor on a new confluence page, so I can use the precise pixel selection?

1 answer

1 vote
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Amber Hardiman - Welcome to the community!

There are lots of discussions on the community about this, but this one I found the most useful in this community post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-revert-to-legacy-editor/qaq-p/1363698 

Try this:

1. Open Confluence and at the top of the page, select Templates.

2. On the Templates page, choose the Legacy editor page to create a new page using that editor.

Optionally:

1. Open Confluence and at the top of the page, select Create.

2. In the right side bar, select Templates, then search for Legacy editor page, and select that page. 

This enables me to use that editor.

I am not an expert, nor do I work for Atlassian. Your instance of Confluence may vary, with different fields/features etc. but this works for me even today. I won't be providing more information than this, but I do hope it helps someone find that editor.

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

@Summer_Hogan How old is your Confluence instance? Mine was set up only a few months ago, and there is no Legacy editor page template available. In newer instances, I don't think there is any way to access the old editor—though I have seen some references to contacting Atlassian support to have them turn it on in your instance.

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Amber Hardiman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2023

I have the same issue. Unfortunately, there is no legacy editor page template, but thank you for the suggestion. I will try to reach out to my admin to see if it can be reverted somehow. 

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2023

That's probably a good idea to reach out to your admins @Amber Hardiman and @Barbara Szczesniak. It might be turned off on their end. 

BTW, welcome to the community @Amber Hardiman!

cristiane_tavares
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 10, 2024

Hello @Amber Hardiman , our org moved to the cloud less than a month ago, I have created some legacy pages  and now I  can`t . The legacy was perfect for the type of pages I create. I am really disappointed to have to expend so much time editing the new page while I could do it in 1/3 of the time with the legacy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events