Is it possible to restore pages that have been moved to another space?

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

I moved some pages from a space 'A' to a space 'B'. They have lost some attachments, and I cannot get the reason. That's why I would like to "restore" these pages in space 'A'. Is it possible? If so, how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael_Coxe May 20, 2016

This is a bug that Atlassain says was fixed in 5.8.18, 5.9.2, tho we still see it in 5.9.3.

Bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39975

Workaround: (1) query the DB for a list of attachment paths for a Space, then (2) run a Python script to search the attachments directory for the not-moved attachments and move them to their proper location (ie, they're not gone, just were never moved with the page(s). Explained here:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/confluence-support-fix-missing-attachments

I created a read-only version that only finds the missing attachments in the destination Space (what the script does initially using the dumped SQL query data), then exits. Searching for just a few missing attachments in our massive attachment directory can take quite some time. Then move the attachments to their proper location, tho I've done this enough to be familiar with the hashing attachments dir uses, etc.

Kathiresh_Raju_Nadar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2019

Is it possible to restore those page space from confluence?

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

Why not just move them back to space 'A' the same way you moved them to space 'B'?

The most likely reason that the attachments aren't being found is that they are actually references to an attachment on another page in the same space.  Then, when moved to another space, it's looking for a page with that name in the current space (which it obviously can't find, because it's still in space 'A').

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2016

Thanks Stephen, this sounds the most realistic way. And thanks especially the short explanation concerning the reason of this missing attachments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events