Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read and write the storage format of a page with ConfiForms?

Ulrik Schoth March 24, 2023

I guess that this is not possible with the current version of ConfiForms. Nevertheless, I wanted to venture a question. Maybe I have overlooked a corresponding virtual function or some other possibility.

I know that I can access the storage format via Confluence's REST API. However, I am interested in a more direct solution.

Use case is to create a page at the root level of a space. According to the answer to a related question, this is not possible. By manipulating the storage format of an existing page at the root level, I could achieve the same goal.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2023

Hi @Ulrik Schoth 

There is no business for ConfiForms REST API, as everything with content manipulation you do via Confluence REST API

https://docs.atlassian.com/ConfluenceServer/rest/8.1.1/#api/content-createContent

Alex

Ulrik Schoth March 26, 2023

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

unfortunately, this is the expected answer. 

A few words about my use case: As everyone knows, ConfiForms can be used as a template engine to create pages in Confluence. Now I wanted to use ConfiForms as a template engine to create spaces with a set of preconfigured pages.

Unfortunately, this turned out to be a more challenging task than expected. In particular, Confluence's REST API (at least for the Data Center version used here) provides limited options for configuring a Space. For example, it is not possible to set Space permissions via Confluence's REST API.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for your quick and patient responses to my perhaps somewhat unusual recent questions. 😉

Ulrik

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2023

That is awesome to know how customers use the plugin and where they find it useful for their needs. We are always listening and trying to improve it where we can... So, thanks a lot for sharing

Just an idea, but may be you can use the Confluence REST APIs to create a orphan page in the space (invoked through the ConfiForms)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events