Is it possible to open same page in different spaces?

YAY J
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2021

Hi, Community.

Is there a way to connect to same page from different spaces?

For example,

• There is a page named "ABC Project" in both PM Team(Space) and Dev Team(Space)
  • John can edit "ABC Project" page in PM Team(Space)
  • Jane can check edited version of "ABC Project" in Dev Team(Space) and edit it again

I'm wondering "One page : One space" needs to be 1 on 1 relationship?

Or 

Is it possible to be 

"One page : Several spaces"

?

Or are there any apps or plugins to make those activities possible?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi @YAY J 

There is a way to show the page in other spaces out of the box, with a little bit of creativity & a caveat...

You can use the Include Page macro, which, well, includes whatever page you select. So you'd create your page once, and include it via the Include Page macro in the other Spaces. For this to work, though, the people viewing need to have access to the Space that the original Page was created in.

You edit the original page, and if you try and edit one of the Pages that includes this, then you will just see the Include Page macro (which you can click to go to the original page). So, like with the view concept, the people need to have edit rights to the original Page if you want multiple teams editing. (It may be that you want a neutral space created between the multiple teams if they cannot access/edit each-others spaces).

Let me know if that helped :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events