Is it possible to make URL from URL field in JIRA clickable in Confluence JIRA macro?

Boris Karl Schlein August 7, 2018

Hi, I have the custom field 'Documentation' configured as URL field where I add Urls, e. g. to a certain Confluence page. I do not want to use issue links because that is not my use case.

It's not my use case, because I want to use the JIRA macro in Confluence to show a table of certain issues and in this table I also want to list the links to my Confluence pages (which is not possible with issue links).

So far so good. Everything works fine except the fact that links are displayed on my confluence pages as plain text, not as clickable text, when I use the JIRA macro in Confluence. :( See the attached image where the links are marked yellow.

We are using Confluence Server 5.9.12 and JIRA Server 7.5.3. Is this problem solved in a later Confluence version or is there a change that this issue gets solved?Unbenannt.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

I reproduced the issue in Confluence 6.10 and verified it is still an issue:

Custom URL field in Jira displayed as plain text in Confluence 6.10

I also tested in Confluence 6.11 and the issue appears to be fixed:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 9.34.44 AM.png

Charlie_Kellerman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

I am having this issue as well. We are using Confluence Cloud. Is this still an open issue elsewhere?
Confluence 2018-11-14 13-46-53.png

0 votes
fwoon November 27, 2018

I'm able to reproduce this as well in 6.10.2 easily within 5mins

Apparently Confluence verified it to be fixed/unable to reproduce this in 6.10 & 6.11. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-56291

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-33947

Not sure why they can't reproduce this like we did...feels like we are talking to them from another dimension or something....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events