Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to log comments for record-keeping purposes?

Brian Victor April 6, 2021

The company I work for is fairly strict about keeping a record of all business communications, for compliance reasons (e.g. we store all emails and slack messages for several years). For this reason, our confluence wiki has comments and other features disabled. I realize that this is an aggressive interpretation of 'business communication', but nonetheless I am hoping to come up with a solution if at all possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@Brian Victor Welcome to community.

Have you tried setting it up so users can not delete anything including their comments?

I do not know of any logging tool for confluence that would log all the actual comments.  You could always just log on the DB side placing all inserts or updates into an additional table.

Brian Victor April 8, 2021

@Brant Schroeder Thanks for the suggestion!

If I understand correctly, the company's concern is primarily that in the event of an audit they could be asked to provide records. So it sounds like the answer to whether that's possible is: maybe, if they hack together a log of inserts/updates?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

I was just suggesting placing the logging on the DB since you can more easily control it and it would be easy to query.  You could setup a trigger on the DB table that pulls all updates and inserts and logs that to a newly created DB table that could be used for audits later.

Brian Victor April 8, 2021

Okay, I see what you're saying. I will give that a shot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events