Is it possible to list all unresolved comments in a space

I would like to be able to list all the unresolved inline comments that have been added to a space

I know I can do something like this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/dosearchsite.action?queryString=type%3Acomment&startIndex=0&type=comment&where=JIRA

But what about unresolved comments

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Grant

8 answers

5 votes

Hello, Jan and Grant! It appears there are already a few requests in jira.atlassian.com for similar suggestions: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34510 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36602 You can vote on these to show your interest in having them applied, as well as provide your feedback directly on those tickets. If you follow them, then you'll be alerted as to when there is a change. Take care, Shannon

Great request, I would greatly appreciate this feature!

I think this feature is a must! only in this way I can be sure to have checked all comments.

0 vote

Hey Grant,

I wrote a query that will give you an list of pages with their contentid, page title, and creator that have unresolved inline comments, the following might be useful for you:

select c1.CONTENTID, c1.TITLE, um.username from CONTENT c1
join CONTENT c2 on c1.CONTENTID = c2.PAGEID
join SPACES s on c1.SPACEID = s.SPACEID
join user_mapping um on c1.creator = um.user_key
where c2.CONTENTID not in (select CONTENTID from CONTENTPROPERTIES where PROPERTYNAME = 'status') 
and c2.CONTENTID in (select CONTENTID from CONTENTPROPERTIES where PROPERTYNAME = 'inline-comment')
and s.SPACEKEY = '<space-key>';

Just change <space-key> to the key of the space you want to search in.

Cheers,
Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

Hi Stephen, does this work for Confluence Cloud as well?

I am on Confluence Cloud, but couldn't see a way to add that query.  Would this do it: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cql-search/cloud/support

Grant,

I know the Cloud team has run queries for customers on request previously, I would check with the Cloud Support team to see if they could run the query on your behalf.

Stephen

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Oct 30, 2016

An addon for Cloud was recently released that might fit your needs:

See All Unresolved Comments

Not only do you get a counter at the top to see how many unresolved inline comments are in a page, but you can also click to jump directly to the first comment. You can even search (run a report) to see all unresolved comments filtered by space and/or commenting user. For longer pages, there's also an overview report that shows just the headings and the commented text, so you can get a quick overview of what's on any particular page.

Hi Stephen, this seems like a very good plugin. Is this available for confluence server? 

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Jan 26, 2018

Hi Vijay,

it's a little late, but See All Unresolved Comments is now available for Server as well.

Stephen, 

Thanks for you answer.

I was fetching the same parameters using the Reporting add-on from ServiceRocket. What I don't understand is from that query is, how can I know if the comments are unresolved or resolved, or is it an under lining mechanism that relies on the fact that; once resolved it becomes effectively an old comment and therefore not reported in the query? 

I hope that makes sense, since understanding this would help me, 

Thanks 

Mark

Reporting v6.9.0 now has new supplier keys: inline-status and inline-selection. These new supplier keys allow you to retrieve the inline comment's status as well as the highlighted text of inline comments. With this, you can list all comments in a space and it will be able to identify unresolved comments. Here's a sample storage format to achieve that (you can copy the storage format and paste it to your Confluence using Source Editor plugin):

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="d23a274e-44e4-4efc-98cd-032d38b8356b" ac:name="report-table" ac:schema-version="1">  <ac:rich-text-body>    <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="294e14ca-ab92-4eec-b94f-fd3496295237" ac:name="content-reporter" ac:schema-version="1">      <ac:parameter ac:name="types">comment</ac:parameter>      <ac:rich-text-body>        <p>          <br/>        </p>      </ac:rich-text-body>    </ac:structured-macro>    <p class="auto-cursor-target">      <br/>    </p>    <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="29d21b28-4863-4269-8e50-25b12258e26c" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1">      <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Comment</ac:parameter>      <ac:rich-text-body>        <p>          <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a5cee661-c00e-409f-af2d-bc4407161203" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1">            <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:summary</ac:parameter>          </ac:structured-macro>        </p>      </ac:rich-text-body>    </ac:structured-macro>    <p class="auto-cursor-target">      <br/>    </p>    <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="4bca3fc4-47df-45ee-9322-09e735442863" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1">      <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Comment Author</ac:parameter>      <ac:rich-text-body>        <p>          <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="be929a3c-7666-4232-85e8-f4d916b6d35f" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1">            <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:creator</ac:parameter>          </ac:structured-macro>        </p>      </ac:rich-text-body>    </ac:structured-macro>    <p class="auto-cursor-target">      <br/>    </p>    <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="4e5887b0-516d-48c9-bd5a-7147ce71fb0c" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1">      <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Inline Comment Highlighted Text</ac:parameter>      <ac:rich-text-body>        <p>          <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="3599b9da-88b0-4e2d-8d50-b379e9475b44" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1">            <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:inline-selection</ac:parameter>          </ac:structured-macro>        </p>      </ac:rich-text-body>    </ac:structured-macro>    <p>      <br/>    </p>    <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a2fb23b2-3cd3-4adc-849e-6ea4e448d6d6" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1">      <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Inline Comment Status</ac:parameter>      <ac:rich-text-body>        <p>          <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="3d950c47-e5c1-4842-ba8b-c62aa536255d" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1">            <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:inline-status</ac:parameter>          </ac:structured-macro>        </p>      </ac:rich-text-body>    </ac:structured-macro>    <p class="auto-cursor-target">      <br/>    </p>  </ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p>  <br/></p>

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,132 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you