Is it possible to insert link into confluence from raw txt source?

Andras Erdos February 18, 2019

I would like to insert links from txt files into a confluence table, but the confluence is recognize them as a simple plain text. I tried to do this in the following format:

[http://a.html](a beautiful page) 

If the format is wrong then what is the correct format, which is recognised as a link by confluence?

Anyway, is it possible to insert links without the "insert link" dialog and without starting type "[" and without extra java scripting on the page ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andras Erdos February 20, 2019

I found a workaround like solution using excel:

1. Wrap the links with an excel HIPERLINK() function in the txt file and convert its format to csv, something like this: =HYPERLINK("http://page.html","still beautiful page")
  2. Then import in EXCEL (I used 2013) and check the windows locale, because in excel, the function parameter separator is depends about it, for instance,
    1. With ENG local the separator is ','
    2. With HUN locale the separator is ';'
  3. Then the excel will recognise the cells as links, and with a simple copy-paste (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) to confluence, the confluence will also recognise the table elements as links.

I hope this will help for those who also has the same problems.

1 vote
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2019

Dear @Andras Erdos ,

the reason is, that any file you upload is not treated as instructions by code. So maximum Confluence will recognize its file type and offer a good integration method but would not transform markup language commands.

You could script your requirement by adding the links by a REST API call. But this will require some coding skills. Then you could add a series of comma separated values to any page.

So long

Thomas

Andras Erdos February 19, 2019

Thank you for your fast answer! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events