Is it possible to insert a plugin to a confluence page using the confluence api?

coleman.jackson April 27, 2022

My team is working to automate adding in and configuring a confluence plugin which is already installed on the confluence server to a confluence page. Is it possible to do this through the confluence api? If not, how would we approach this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Hi @coleman.jackson ,

By "plugin" you mean an addon (like from the marketplace) or maybe macro or something else? Not quite sure if I understand. Could you clarify a little bit?

coleman.jackson April 28, 2022

Hi @Mirek. Yes, an addon from the marketplace, specifically, the 'Include Bitbucket for Confluence' addon. That can be found here.

We are trying to insert this addon programmatically to a confluence page from an automation script we are attempting to write using the Confluence API. Is this possible? We have attempted reading through the api on inserting addons programmatically, but it seems this is not a standard approach. Every document we have come across has informed us that we should add it manually through the user interface.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

I guess it should be possible. I mean if add-on is adding some macros and you paste them on a page then you can check the page source (page storage format) and copy the part used by the macro. Then you might use this source to inject it into API request related to adding a page content.

Read more about storage format

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-storage-format-790796544.html

Rest API examples:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events